Make A Referral



Return to ADR-Link.

Go back

Frequently Asked Questions

Learn from our knowledge base of common questions and answers about Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and ADR-Link.

Learn more


See the active Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) practitioners on the ADR-Link roster.

Learn more

Who can make a referral?

For a case to qualify for the ADR process and receive the MCCSS funding available through ADR-Link, there must be a clear decision that a court intervention is being considered, is pending or is in progress, and come from one of the eight Children’s Aid Societies or ten First Nation communities in the South West Region of Ontario.

First Nation communities and Children’s Aid Societies that can make a referral:

  • Bruce-Grey Children’s Aid Society
  • Chatham-Kent Children’s Aid Society
  • Elgin-St. Thomas Children’s Aid Society
  • Huron-Perth Children’s Aid Society
  • London-Middlesex Children’s Aid Society
  • Oxford Children’s Aid Society
  • Sarnia-Lambton Children’s Aid Society
  • Windsor-Essex Children’s Aid Society
  • Aamjiwnaang First Nation (Chippewas of Sarnia)
  • Caldwell First Nation
  • Chippewas of Nawash First Nation
  • Chippewas of Kettle & Stony Point First Nation
  • Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
  • Delaware Nation Moravian of the Thames
  • Munsee Delaware Nation
  • Oneida Nation of the Thames
  • Saugeen First Nation
  • Walpole Island First Nation

How to Make A Referral

If the referral agent is a Children’s Aid Society, discuss the case with your supervisor. Some cases are not amenable to ADR or the referral may be premature. Your agency may have policies around inclusionary and exclusionary criteria. If the referral agent is an Indigenous community member, consult the Band or ADR-Link for your specific community referral contact. If the case is deemed applicable for ADR, continue with the steps to complete a referral.

Discuss the possibility of ADR with the family and get their agreement to consider ADR. If this is an Indigenous family, regardless of who is making the referral, the Band is to be consulted.

Obtain written consent from all key parties, including children 12 and over, to make the referral to ADR-Link. Use your agency or communities own general consent form for this.

Complete all sections of the ADR-Link referral form. Submit the completed referral form, OCL notification form and signed consents to ADR-Link via fax at (519) 679-4234 or email to

Make A Referral

Download and fill out a referral form to get started.


OCL Notification Form

Download and fill out the OCL form.


Every dollar you give goes toward service delivery and growth, projects, and research at London Family Court Clinic.